Starting this summer, and running indefinitely, we will award 1 neighbor each month with Yard of the Month! The winner will be determined by the Board of Directors, based upon the Board’s observations and nominations of nearby neighbors. Please use the form below to nominate someone you think is deserving of this award!
Winners will receive a Yard of the Month sign to be placed in their yard/landscaping for the month of their reign!
Here are some suggested guidelines for being named the official Yard of the Month:
- Your yard must be healthy and kept mowed and neatly edged. This includes the easement and sides of your home.
- All landscaped areas must be weed free with trees and shrubs trimmed. (This includes trees and bushes overhanging the sidewalks.)
- Fences must be in good repair and not in need of paint, stain, etc.
- Driveways and sidewalks must also be weed and stain free.
- Landscaping awards will be presented for the months of May through September, in the colder months we will present awards based on holiday/seasonal decoration!
- The award term lasts from the 1st day to the last day of the each calendar month.
- The same property cannot receive more than one award in the same rolling 12 month calendar period.
- Yard of the Month winners must be members of good standing with the Association, current with their Association dues, and free of current HOA covenant violations.
- The occupants of a Yard of the Month winning home will receive an award (yet to be determined)
- The upkeep of the yard can reflect the efforts of the residents themselves or that of a professional landscaper.
- During their reign as Yard of the Month, winners are expected to maintain their yard in the same manner that allowed them to win the title.